Indonesia navy declares lost sub sank after finding debris

Indonesia’s decal on Saturday reported finding items show that the vessel with 53 crew members was capsized and there were not any survivors. While it was only presumed to be overlooking.


Indonesia’s navy on Saturday reported finding items show that the vessel with 53 team members was capsized and also there were no survivors.
Indonesia’s decal on Saturday said items were discovered from a missing submarine, suggesting the vessel with 53 team members had sunk and broken open, and now that there wasn’t any expectation of finding survivors. Army Chief Hadi Tjahjanto reported the existence of an oil slick as well as the discovery of debris near the place of KRI Nanggala 402’s last dive on Wednesday off the island of Bali were clear evidence that the ship had sunk. Indonesia previously considered the vessel to be just lost.


Navy Chief Yudo Margono informed a press conference in Bali,”When it’s an explosion, then it will be in pieces. The cracks happened gradually in certain parts if it went from 300 metres to 400 metres to 500 metres…When there was an explosion, then it could be observed by the sonar.” The navy previously said it believes the submarine sank to a depth of 600-700 meters (2,000-2,300 ft ), much heavier than its collapse thickness of 200 meters (655 ft ), at which point water pressure would be greater than the hull would withstand. The cause of the disappearance was still uncertain.

Also read: Turkey Cuts Off Chinese Embassy’s Water Supply As Two Countries Spat Over Uyghur Genocide


The navy had said an electric failure could have abandoned the submarine unable to perform emergency procedures . Margono stated in the previous two days, searchers found parts of a torpedo straightener, a grease bottle thought to be utilised to oil the periscope, debris from prayer rugs along with a busted bit from a coolant pipe that has been refitted about the submarine in South Korea in 2012.

Also read: Biden is with Taiwan, and indicate a clearer warning to China


“With the real signs we found considered to be out of the submarine, we’ve now moved out of the sub miss’ stage to sub sunk,” Margono said at the press conference, in which the discovered items were displayed. Margono said rescue teams from Indonesia and other countries will evaluate the findings. He explained that no bodies have been discovered thus far. Officials previously said the submarine’s oxygen supply could have completed early Saturday.

An American reconnaissance plane, a P-8 Poseidon, acquired early Saturday and was set to combine the hunt, combined with 20 black ships, also a sonar-equipped Australian warship along with four Indonesian aircraftcarrier. Singaporean rescue ships were also expected Saturday, while Malaysian saving ships were expected to arrive Sunday, bolstering the underwater hunt, officials said before Saturday. Indonesian President Joko Widodo had arranged all-out efforts to find the submarine and asked Indonesians to pray for the crew’s safe return.


The German-built diesel-powered KRI Nanggala 402 has been in support at Indonesia since 1981 and was carrying 49 crew members and three gunners in addition to its own commander, the Indonesian Defence Ministry said.

2 thoughts on “Indonesia navy declares lost sub sank after finding debris

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *